This dish is best cooked in a wok, or large non-stick frypan.
Tip: oil the lamb rather than adding oil to the wok our pan, you will use less oil, and the lamb will brown well.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 8 minutes
500g lamb strips
1 tbsp oil
2 chorizo sausages cut into thin slices
1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
400 g can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
200 g green beans, trimmed and cooked until tender
juice of one lemon
baby spinach leaves
1. Combine the lamb strips with half of the oil.
2. Heat the wok, ensure it is hot. Stir-fry the lamb strips in 3 batches, reserving each cooked batch to rest in a warm bowl. Reheat wok between each batch.
3. Reheat the wok, add remaining oil and heat. Add the sliced chorizo and cook until well browned, remove and reserve with the lamb. Add the onion and capsicum to wok, stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the cannellini and green beans and lemon juice, toss to combine.
4. Return the lamb and chorizo to wok, toss to combine. Serve immediately on top of baby spinach.
1.When you stir-fry meat cook it in batches and set it aside.
2.Return the meat to the pan with sauces once the vegetables are cooked.
3. Stir-fry only to combine – do not reheat meat for too long or it will toughen.
4. Best lamb cuts for stir-frying - lamb stir-fry strips or prepare your own from eye of loin/backstrap, tenderloin/fillet, round or topside leg steaks.